Because I always forget the step about positioning the lever after it's mounted on the tire. This is the sort of boring crap I tend to put on my private pages, but, hey, I want to be able to find this stupid page 5 years down the road...
- remove the plastic cap on tire (inner tube) nipple.
- if presta valve, open
- position valve shifter/lever on pump head in middle position
- place pump head on inner tube nipple
- shift lever from middle position all the way over to lock head into place: shifting lever after pump head is positioned on nipple ensures a good seal.
- pump tire.
- shift lever back to middle position & quickly remove pump head
- if presta screw valve shut
- replace cap on nipple
- put pump away
grey side for schraeder; black for presta—note icons molded into pump head
Unless otherwise noted, text, image and objects depicted therein copyright 1996--present sylvus tarn.Sylvus Tarn