As I mentioned back in November (that is, 2–3 months ago) I was on hiatus, pretty much, from beadmaking for much of 2020; but now one of my beadmaking buddies is back in town, and that's been rather inspiring.
Generally when I've been away from something and don't feel like jumping right into difficult projects I was doing when last I left off, I start with easy warmups. Besides being a great way to use up and/or test random stringer, and a nice looking effect to boot, spot'n’streaks are just about as easy as it gets; he layered dots were just challenging enough:) when I wanted to put just the smallest bit of effort in.
When I was feeling for just a bit more of a challenge than the dots, I tried doing some dichro solids, from scraps without perfectly identified provenance (IOW, I didn't wanna mix ’em with the rest of my 104 to discover they were 90...)
Since I had a repair that called for a gold leaf bead, I tried making one, along with some minis: I have a couple of ideas where specifically black and gold minis might be useful, so why not? This also allowed me to plow through a mix of shorts and stringers; the 066 is great for trailing, the standard 064 black I made into base beads:)
introducing some red into the mix...note the three ivory beads on the right, with varying levels of purplish-to-black trailing: on the mandrel testing for dense 066 black
Once I actually used up most of the black scrap, I made some translucent red with gold, because I'm still thinking about doing something in that colourway...
Yay for powerful ventilation—which after all is designed to suck nasties out of the room, albeit, more from the torch openings than our own mouths.
To be sure, the political situation, and the hope for vaccines has also been heartening.
You don't wanna mix the basically identical looking 064 and 066 black rods because the latter costs roughly 8–10x the former.
Unless otherwise noted, text, image and objects depicted therein copyright 1996--present sylvus tarn.Sylvus Tarn